We always hear about how bad the sun is for us, but what about it's perks? For a dot to immediately turn our frown upside down, it has to have a few benefits, doesn't it? Man, I hope so.
Read and smile, or better yet, next time the sun is out run, skip, jump and dance in it's rays of sunshine. :)
1. Sunlight helps things grow and florish. Look around. Everything from fruits, vegetables, to grains need sunlight to grow and be healthy. It also helps animals and us humans to grow.
2. Along with diet and exercise, vitamin D has ermerged as an important part of human health. Sunlight is the best, and only natural, source of vitamin D, so put own the OJ and go outside!
3. People who live in regions with more sunlight have been found to have a lower incidence of death from ovarian, breast and colon cancers than those who live in places with less sunlight.
4. A recent study found that vitamin D deficiency is related to fertility problems. So if you, or someone you know, is thinking of having a baby- get out and catch some rays to boost fertility!
5. Catching some sun tends to help clear up different skin diseases such as acne, boils, athletes foot, diaper rash, psoriasis, and eczema. Works for us!
6. A daily dose of sunshine will enhance your immune system. Sunlight increases the number of white blood cells in your blood and also helps them to be better fighters in their mission to fight germs.
7. Bust the winter blues. One of the major benefits of sunlight is that it will soothe your nerves and boost your mood leaving you feeling overall, better. Sunlight does this by increasing the production of endorphins and serotonin in your brain which will definitely leave you feeling much better.
8. Sun exposure can help you with your zzzzs. If you are exposed to natural light during the day, it will increase your melatonin output at night. Melatonin is a natural hormone made by our bodies. It enhances sleep and slows down the aging process.
Last, but not least, sunlight helps to balance out your hormones. It may even help to relieve certain symptoms of PMS. Now that sounds pretty darn awesome to us!
Now go out enjoy some sun, responsibly! :D