Flowers symbolize so much, and for those of us who love to receive fresh flowers, or snip them from our gardens, the love for flowers is too wonderful for words.
Here are some words that can help you prolong your flower passion and help that beautiful bloom continue to flourish.
1. The best time to cut flowers from the yard or garden is early in the morning. Why? Because this is when flowers tend to have more moistures.
2. After cutting your fresh flowers, run them under some water and snip the stems at an angle.
3. Mist flowers daily with a squirt bottle. If you don't have a squirt bottle then simply run them under some water to help promote longevity. A spritz of hairspray works too!
4. Aspirin, sugar, and salt. We all have these items lying around the house, don't we? Crush an aspirin or add a pinch of salt or sugar to a vase before adding flowers to extend the life of your flower arrangement.
5. The secret to fresh looking flowers is to minimize the growth of bacteria in the water. This is why it is important to fill your vase with fresh water every few days. Another simple tip to minimize bacteria growth is to add a few drops of vodka and a teaspoon of sugar. This antibacterial action will lengthen your flower enjoyment.
Enjoy your beautiful blossoms!
"Earth laughs in flowers" - Ralph W. Emerson