7.06.2011

Life's Better At The Beach

For me the sweet summertime usually consists of laying poolside, grilling out, strolls in the park, wearing pretty flip flops and enjoying my sun kissed skin after months of looking like a ghost. Summertime also makes me dream of the beach with my toes in the sand and a fruity drink in hand. What could be better?

I am the type of beach bum that thoroughly enjoys spending some of my time collecting seashells. I have used seashells, I have collected from various trips, for different craft ideas. Whether gluing them to a frame, placing them in a jar with sand, or setting them on shelves, I love surrounding myself with seashells because they are simple reminders of a beachy experience.

Below are a few crafty ways to use a bag of pretty seashells.

Simple seashells make great card holders

Use seashells as a decorative soap holder

Hang unique beach findings as garland

Place seashells in a clear vase to enjoy year round

Paint seashells to give them a unique, edgy feel

Happy summertime,
Sarah

9 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

What can't seashells do? I recently saw one of those embossing stamps with a shell on it and now I can't stop thinking about it. :)

Sarah said...

Ooo that sounds cool! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

~Sarah

Fashion Cappuccino said...

They're all great ideas! The beach is right by the house and I love the one about using one as a soap holder! Definitely will be doing that! xooxoxo

Rebecca said...

Love the silver painted shells....I did this a few years ago and STILL love it :) Great blog, btw!!! I'll be back for sure :)

Sarah said...

Fashion Cappuccino - Aloha! Thank you for checking out my blog. Please post a picture of your soap holder if you do it. :) ~Sarah

Rebecca - Thanks for stopping by. I love how the silver shells look too. :) ~Sarah

Dana Fox said...

Ohh cute! i love the soap holder idea :) thanks for checking out my blog too!
xo dana
thewonderforest.com

Sarah said...

Thanks Dana. I look forward to keeping up with your blog. Have a great weekend! :o)

~Sarah

Lindsey said...

Love this! Your blog is super cute, you have a new reader!!

Sarah said...

Thanks, Lindsey. I appreciate the comment and love your blog too. I will enjoy keeping up with your posts.

Happy Monday,
Sarah

reddit