7.28.2011

Sweet Summertime

Hi all.

So I am a HUGE fruit fanatic. You name it and i'll eat it or use it in a recipe of some sort.  In addition to being a fan of fruit I also am a fan of the summer season. There is something about one fruit in particular and summer that seem to go hand-in-hand. Watermelon.

Maybe it's because many of us have fond memories of eating fresh watermelon while at a summer picnic or we can't help that the thought of sipping a fruity, summer cocktail makes us smile. 

Below are a couple of beverages that taste like summer in a cocktail and call for fresh watermelon. Enjoy.

Watermelon Cocktail

What you need:

~ 4-5 pieces of Watermelon
~1/2 cup vodka
~1/4 cup Triple Sec
~ 1/2 cup Lime juice
Mix these items in a blender and pour over a glass with ice cubes. Complete the drink with a watermelon wedge and a lime if you choose.



Watermelon Daiquiri

What you need:

~2 medium chunks of watermelon
~2 ounces rum
~1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
~1/2 ounce simple syrup
Mix items and shake vigorously. Pour in a glass and garnish with a melon slice.


“When one has tasted watermelon he knows what the angels eat.” ~ Mark Twain

xxoo,

Sarah

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love watermelons! I drink the leftover juice off my plate when I'm done eating a dinner plate sized slice. I don't drink, but I bet I could do a virgin version from this recipe by substituting the rum for sprite and it would be so delicious...

Sofia said...

Sounds yummy and looks pretty.

Sarah said...

Thanks guys!! They are yummy! :)
~DearSarah

Leslie said...

This looks tasty. I might have to mix some of these up this weekend and do a taste test for myself!

Sarah said...

You should! Hard to beat a refreshing summer drink! :)

Natasha in Oz said...

This looks like summer in a glass! I will be trying this drink as soon as the temperatures start to rise here in Australia!

Thanks for visiting my blog-it's so great to meet you! I'm following you now too.

Best wishes,
Natasha

Unknown said...

Yum. That's on my summer drinks list! And yes - I love scrabble tiles too.
Cheers
Kylie

Beautiful House said...

Hello, thank you for your message, these look lovely, I will definately give them try once the sun comes out here.

Sarah said...

Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoy your drink on a pretty summer evening. :)

~Sarah

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

Clearly you're taking a blog break too, I'm finally back. I think that watermelon drink looks AMAZING!! Come back to us Sarah!! :)

runningtobeskinny.com

Pam said...

That sounds GREAT. Thanks for sharing.

reddit